Underwritten by the World Diabetes Foundation, Denmark.
- Develop the capacity to improve prevention and care of diabetes and hypertension using the World Health Organization (WHO) global HEARTS model currently being implemented by Guatemalan health department clinics.
- Devise an evaluation system to constantly measure the quality improvement of diabetes and hypertension care at national clinics using the HEARTS model.
- Design and implement a comprehensive multilevel communications strategy to:
- Create awareness about diabetes and hypertension risks.
- Stress the importance of prevention tools for reducing both diseases.
- Emphasize the importance of early detection.
- Provide information about treatment options.