- Introduction to Medical Spanish
- How to take a Medical, Social, Occupational and Family History.
- Screening of a film as an introduction to Maya traditional culture followed by a walking tour of village with local guide.
- Physical exam, chief complaint, treatment, follow up, lab, and systems vocabulary.
- Discussion of challenges to managing chronic disease in the context of the Maya belief system.
- Medications, contraception and pregnancy, delivery and breastfeeding.
- Luncheon presentation by Hospitalito social worker on healthcare decision-making process within families.
- Poisoning, drug and alcohol abuse, physical and sexual abuse, rape, AIDS.
- Infectious diseases in Spanish-speaking countries.
- Screening of film and discussion about women’s health issues in Guatemala.
- Psychiatric care in Latin America
- Diseases in the developing world